Friday, August 1, 2014

DLW-0004 The Roots Path-001



Yes The Druid Ley Way , like a walk in the natural woods and unlike a True Ley really does weave and twist.

So in DLW-0004 The Roots Path-001 we take another twist and get more homework to.

For reasons known only to you, you have chosen to take this Internet / Blog / Facebook free course.

So perhaps one of the greatest things I can share and you can validate, even without walking Summerlands ancient shores is a way as a Druii to learn at turn of evry leaf (page) you see on Pagan F.B. / Blog and other things your read.

In this lesson I will touch on one or  few things that seem simple in the land of Neo-Druids but are relike a walk in the woodsally not.

Most have heard of the Bardic Triads and many spout many versions of them today. Triad thing in threes simple yrs, no not really. They really are things of fours if done in old and Bardic teaching ways. See TDK's Druid Speak when you feel in Bardic Bend,.

But for now I speak of fours because I am adding a forth path to the three we have talked about.

Another Triad

The Paths

1) Sun Path

2) The Moon Path

3) The Earth Path


4) The Root Path  this is a way of study and life long learning. Yes tools will vary bend of roots will twist and turn. But like any tree our Root Path serves to mind truth, history and mental nourishment were ever it can.

So many ask what Book to read, what Order to join and take their well planned meals. Yet I suggest  like a walk in the woods or how plants add with in minutes feeder hair roots in the rain that learning our Druid past and using in in the present. Is as simple as just being a good observer and researcher. Yes we have Google, no do not believe only or everything you read on the internet, but also use use use those search engines of mass information. For today they are our Druid's Egg.

So where to start, I have given you the Blog of some the old and odd words and terms I often now use in our Druid ways. Trying to blind and bright forth the spirit and wisdom of our Glories Past.

Do I sit up at night and read dictionaries and glossaries, well yes sometimes but more important I save every one I can find to my external Hard Drives so I can search and study as needed.

So this is one thing you could also start collecting. And most often it is hard to peel back modern definitions or usage to get back to how Authors centuries ago knew the turn of word or phrase to mean.

But I am getting off my mark for this session. A wise Druid on Facebook the other day said in another Druid group (yes I am in many and suggest you be also) and I quote  " Coimgne, coimgne do donn, donn." Nothing more or less as if all had his wonderful grasp of old Irish and its Seanchas
 {(I) From Old Irish senchas, senchus (“old tales, ancient history, tradition; genealogy; traditional law”).}

Yes I could have ask for a translation but that's the easy way. Instead I use the Internet, Books and files I have  and see where it leads me. 

I often start with search engine Duckduckgo, in this case it bombed and even Google was weal till I broke words apart.

Yes some I knew, others I had but had not read all of them and yes many other old Irish words and phrases were upturned to to my delight.

I downloaded a new (very old) Book or Two , some profession papers and even where books were new (About the old) and not free I added to my Google free reading online Library.

This simple old Irish comment has been a gold mine of learning and relearning.

And yes I bet you two like me often read at leak or two that the words do not feel solid in mind tongue or belly.

Follow the Fourth Druid Path, "The Root Path" each time and soon you will be amazed as how so many broken pieces with Awen begin to fit together building your own Druid Time machine. And yes than you two can quote and give references (if careful to save the data sources) like a Bardic Pro.


So Good Hunting my dear fellow Druii >> " Coimgne, coimgne do donn, donn." <<
TDK / The Druid King

No comments:

Post a Comment